Registering your blog or website on search engines like Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools will make it easier for internet users to find your blog.
One of Google’s search engine competitors is the Bing search engine. The search algorithm is simple and almost similar to Google.
This Microsoft product is already well-known even though it changes its name frequently. Starting from Live Search, Windows Live Search, to MSN Search and finally replaced by the name Bing.
One of the tools from Bing which is also similar to Google in indexing a website is by using Bing Webmaster Tools.
When you have got the Bing verification code and verified your website on Bing Webmaster, you will also automatically verify your website on Yahoo!.
How to Verify Website on Bing Webmaster Tools
Before you want to submit the URL of your website page on search engines, then you must verify your website and register a sitemap with Bing Webmaster Tools.
Here are the automatic website verification steps on Bing Webmaster:
- Visit the Bing Webmaster Tools Page.
- Login to Bing Webmaster Tools (No need to have a Bing/Microsoft account to be able to login and get started, you can choose to login with Google and Facebook accounts).
- To make it easier and without manual verification, it’s better to register using a Google account registered with Google Search Console for your website.
- If you are using a Google Search Console account, please click “Import” to move Google Search Console data to Bing Webmaster. Then click “Continue” to confirm account ownership.
- Next you will be asked to confirm your choice to grant access to Bing.com to your Gmail account especially for Search Console data. Click “Allow” to continue.
- You will see a list of websites in your Google Search Console account, select the website you want to register with Bing and click “Import“.
In addition to the automatic method above, there is a manual way to verify your website:
- On the Bing Webmaster home page, you will see the Add a Site
- Click the menu and enter the URL of your blog/website and click “Add“.
- Make sure that your blog/website URL has a WWW. or not. If your URL contains WWW. in the address, then enter complete with WWW. and if not then enter without WWW.
- You will see the following options in the About My Website section:
Check and correct the previously entered URL -Mandatory
Enter your Sitemap URL – Optional
Set a time for Bingbot crawling your site – Optional
- Enter the URL of your blog/website in the URL section, enter your Sitemap URL in the Add a Sitemap section and select All Day (Default). Finally click “Add”.
Three ways to manually get Bing verification code and verify a website on Bing Webmaster:
- XML File Verification
- Download BingSiteAuth.xml in option 1.
- Upload the file in the root directory of your website. Usually this method is better used on WordPress.org, Joomla, Drupal, and HTML PHP websites which give blog/website owners more access to the root directory.
- If you have successfully uploaded it, then please check it by typing the following URL in your browser: “http://yourwebsite.com/BingSiteAuth.xml”. (replace yourwebsite.com with the name of your website).
- If the address is successfully accessed, then click “Verify“.
- Meta Tag Verification
This method is simpler than the first method if you do not have access to the root directory of your blog/website. This method is also recommended for Blogspot users.
- Copy the HTML meta code in the option 2 section that has been given. Click HTML in the header of your website.
- Paste the code between <head> and </head>.
- Click “Verify” and you have successfully verified your blog on Bing Webmaster.
- DNS Verification
The third option is to enter the DNS configuration into the DNS directory on your website’s control panel page.
If you’re having trouble with this third option, there’s an easier way for WordPress or WordPress.org CMS users.
You can use the Yoast SEO plugin, then go to your Dashboard and select the SEO menu on the bottom right select Dashboard, in the Webmaster Tools section.
Copy the HTML meta code provided by Bing Webmaster, paste the HTML meta code in the Bing Webmaster Tools column.
You can also enter meta HTML code for Google Webmaster, Pinterest, Alexa Verification ID, as well as Yandex.
Speed up Indexed Websites on Bing Webmaster
Registering and getting a Bing verification code is a step that must be done so that your website is verified on Bing Webmaster and easy to find on the internet.
This is very good for increasing your blog’s SEO rating, increasing the amount of traffic, and increasing the popularity of your blog on the internet.
Submit sitemaps and add the URL of each of your website posts. This is to help Bing index new article post links faster.
1 thought on “How to Get Bing Verification Code”