What is backlink? Backlink is one of the important aspects that can determine the position of a website in search engine searches.
As a result, the question of what backlinks are and how to get quality backlinks is a target for most website owners.
The problem is, not all types of backlinks have a good value. In fact, there are types of backlinks that can take your website to a worse position.
What Are Quality Backlinks?
Simply put, quality backlinks are the types of backlinks that not everyone can get.
If you just get any backlinks, everyone can do it. Something that most people can do indicates that something is not special. Is not it?
That’s a sign of quality backlinks, which are difficult for others to imitate and not everyone can get them.
4 Types of Backlinks
Backlinks consist of 4 types in general that you can practice:
- Backlink Profile
This type of backlink is generally found on the profile page of a registered user on a website. Often the address format of the profile is like this: yourwebsite.com/user/Gen.
On that page there will be a link that points to you, but the backlink profile has a small power contribution. Even though the contribution is small, you can still make the process of creating a backlink profile part of your website’s SEO.
- Comment Backlinks
This type of backlink is most often done by bloggers, publishers, or optimizers. Even people who don’t understand SEO are very active in doing this type of link building.
But their mindset when doing this is to get a return visit from the owner of the website where the comments are left.
This comment backlink is power divided into 2 kinds of dofollow and nofollow, try to comment on websites with dofollow status.
- Social Bookmark
Social bookmarking is a website that allows visitors to submit content from each visitor’s website.
Examples of social bookmarking websites are Quora, Pinterest, Medium, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Digg, etc.
- Contextual Backlinks
This is the most powerful type of backlink among other types of backlinks. So powerful, it can be said that 1 contextual backlink is equivalent to 100 comment backlinks on websites that both have 15 DA.
The main characteristic of contextual backlinks is the backlink in the middle of the article. For example, on this page there is an outbound link, then that link is a contextual backlink for that website or page.
Well, the power contribution of this type of backlink will be even more so when the article where the contextual backlink is located contains the following elements:
- Articles relevant to backlinks. For example, our keyword/article is about hosting, and you have a backlink from an article that also discusses hosting.
- The article where the backlink applies good SEO rules.
- Contextual backlinks are on authority or popular websites.
- Contextual backlinks are on articles that are already on page one of Google.
What is certain is that it will be very difficult to get a perfect contextual type containing the 4 elements above.
But the most important thing you have to try is the backlink is in the middle of the article, it doesn’t matter whether it’s relevant or not, authority or not, implementing SEO or not, etc.
Now it’s clearer than the 4 types of backlinks above, which one is the easiest and everyone can make/copy? The answers are all types except contextual backlinks.
What does it mean?
If you are still busy building 3 types of lower-middle backlinks (profile, comments, social bookmarks), then the process of increasing your keywords will be difficult, slow, and practically useless.
Backlinks other than contextual have very little impact on the reputation of the website. It’s best not to pursue the type of backlinks that are middle to lower if you really want to seriously increase the keywords of your choice.
Changing the Backlink Mindset
What you need to do now is change the way you think about link building, you don’t need to focus too much on building medium to low backlinks.
It’s time for you to focus on learning and practicing the types of contextual backlinks, although the process of getting them is not easy, it is difficult for others to imitate but provides the best quality backlinks.
How to Get Contextual Backlinks
Here are some ways you can do to get contextual backlinks:
- Write for other people’s websites. Submit content, guest post, you name it. The submitted content must be of high quality and consist of a minimum of 800 words.
- Ask your friends who have blogs and are active to put a backlink in one of their published articles that are relevant to your keyword theme. The more blogger friends you have, the easier it is for you to do this option.
- Make quality articles with interesting themes, so that when a reader stops by your post, he will be happy to use your post as a reference and you get a backlink.
Wow, that’s hard, isn’t it?
It’s actually not that difficult. Feels complicated because maybe you’ve never done it, you just imagined it. So, take it step by step.
To prove that actually creating contextual backlinks is not complicated, it would be fairer if we made a comparison.
Here is the old way that you have often done:
- Make comments on other people’s web while inserting backlinks.
- The number of words you write in each comment is an average of 20 words. If there are too few words, it may not be approved.
- You have to think good comments so that comments are approved (and successfully become backlinks).
- You have to constantly look for a list of new websites, which provide a comment field, whose website reputation is pretty good, in terms of DA, TF, CF, etc.
- You repeat this activity over and over on many websites.
- In total, there are approximately 50 websites that you send comments to in a day, you are so enthusiastic.
- It turns out that there are already 1,000 words that you have made from all the comments you have made.
It turns out to be just as difficult, so why not divert your energy to focus on contextual backlinks?
It’s a good idea to pay attention to what you’re actually going to do in the new way:
- Looking for a popular website or blog in its niche, or not having a niche is also not a problem. What is the popular standard like? You should look for a website that has a DA (Domain Authority) above 15.
- The website provides facilities for the public to submit content on its website.
- If you can’t find it, you can send an email asking for permission to publish content on the website, of course adjusting the niche of the website or blog.
- You create content of at least 800 words, quality, easy to read, and topics that are currently popular.
Your efforts will be worth it, because the results obtained are much more significant, much better, much safer in the long run.
Between comments and contextual backlinks which is more tiring? If both are manual, of course it is more tiring to comment backlinks.
So what if you use software? For those of you who have never used software, here are some reasons why using software is not recommended:
- You have to buy software first, for example GSA SER which is quite expensive.
- To buy it must use Paypal or credit card. You have to make it first if you don’t have one.
- The way the software works is not as easy as you might think. You still have to buy third-party such as proxies, captcha breakers, and you still have to learn a lot of menus and panels.
- You will go through trial-error which is quite time-consuming, it could be months. Not to mention if the impact can reduce the reputation of the website, it’s a mess.
- If you do link building using too much software, it can be detected as spam activity by Google which leads to deindex or banned websites from search engines. It’s terrible.
So using software doesn’t always get easier.
Software when used within certain healthy limits is certainly useful, used in a manner that is not extreme and carried out by people who are very skilled in using the software.
Contextual type link building is the most powerful and (as it turns out) easy process to do among other methods.
These types of backlinks are very safe and are (nearly) unlikely to be considered spam by Google.
Avoid Bad Quality Backlinks
Never think: the more backlinks the better. Such thoughts can be misleading, need to be corrected so the more quality backlinks the better. Just add the word “quality backlinks“, the results become very different.
Bad backlinks or very low quality links will actually bring disaster to the future of your website. Maybe you’ve known a website that managed to get a lot of traffic from Google, but suddenly it disappeared (dropped) and couldn’t get its rank up again.
Of course this is a sad and painful thing. What’s the reason?
Because they used the thinking above, they built all kinds of backlinks, which resulted in being banned by Google.
Characteristics of Bad Quality Backlinks
To make it easier, you can learn the following characteristics to identify the characteristics of backlink places that you should avoid or be aware of:
- The topics discussed on the website violate Google’s rules, such as ad*** content, piracy, gam***ng, etc.
- Too many outbound links, try below 50 links. For example, if you want to leave a comment for backlinks, just see if the number of comments is more than 50 or not. If so, skip it. There are a lot of comment backlinks with hundreds or even thousands of comments and all backlink hunters. You should avoid this.
- There are features or facilities that promise you will have hundreds or even thousands of backlinks in an instant. Please avoid this kind, it’s dangerous!
Don’t risk the future of your website just in instant ways.
Strategies to Get Quality Backlinks from Other Websites
The easiest way to get new backlinks is to contact bloggers personally through a warm approach. By sending a message on the Contact Us page or a number that can be contacted. There are several reasons why this method is so effective:
- Adding friends and at the same time your network, not infrequently there will be an exchange of knowledge on bloggers.
- Other bloggers also benefit from the backlinks created by you.
- You can determine the quality of the backlink you want, make sure the backlink form is contextual.
Under certain conditions, you feel lazy and tempted to buy backlinks instead of going through the process slowly. To the point that it doesn’t matter that the purchased backlink is backlink spam.
Here are the ways I usually do when I ask them to make a backlink for me.
First, make friends warmly and politely
Say hello and open an interesting conversation, don’t go straight to the point.
Second, Offer Backlink Exchange
Ask the website owner if it is acceptable to exchange backlinks? At this stage you can check the quality of the blog, and find out which content you can ask for a backlink.
Third, Action Immediately
The process doesn’t need to be long; you don’t need to create new content. Just select the existing content and then submit the post that you will attach a backlink to.
Make sure the content is relevant to the backlinks you want to build. If, for example, there is no relevant content on your blog, then you have to create new content.
It never hurts to try, offer to put a backlink on your website.
Tips for Creating Comment Backlinks
There is nothing wrong with this type of backlink, but it should be understood that the effect is small or small.
But if you do it little by little, of course the results will be a lot. Do it with a clear priority scale, quality backlinks have been carried out and fulfilled because comment backlinks are only as support.