Best Web Hosting Providers Comparison
The following is a full review of a web hosting provider:
- Bluehost – Officially Recommended by WordPress.org
- Bluehost has high page load speed and Uptime up to 99.98%
Based on a Google survey, mobile websites have relatively slow speeds and will be directly proportional to the performance of your personal or business website. Bluehost has a good page load speed of 235 ms on average.
The performance of a website depends on the amount of uptime/downtime. What is downtime?
Downtime is a time when your website cannot be accessed due to problems with the web hosting server. If web hosting uptime below 98% is going to have a bad impact on your website, the good news is that BlueHost is way better than that ideal figure. BlueHost’s uptime reaches 99.98% and that’s more than enough to support your website’s performance.
- Competitive Hosting Prices ($2.95/month)
For starters, BlueHost offers a price of $2.95. and you get all the standard features for 1 website, 50 GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL certificate, and more.
At this price, you will get good quality web hosting and you will also get a free domain for the first year.
- Application and eCommerce Integration
In accordance with the recommendations from WordPress, BlueHost provides access to various applications and integrations so that you can use popular services on the internet.
You can install WordPress with one click installation or you can also install other CMS like Drupal, Joomla, eCommerce store, and many more. In addition, BlueHost also provides a CDN feature so that large files such as images and videos can be accessed quickly by users from all over the world and at the same time keep your website performance fast.
- High Security Facility
Although BlueHost is offered at a low price, it does not mean that this web hosting is vulnerable to website security.
BlueHost provides a free standard SSL certificate for all subscription plans, a domain privacy feature that will help keep personal information safe from hackers.
SiteLock is also included in BlueHost’s security plan which helps protect against malware attacks, which are common on WordPress websites. Then there’s CodeGuard as an additional layer of protection that will back up your website so you can roll back to the version before the hacker attack.
Finally, there is Postini as a tool to protect your website email from spam so that your email inbox stays safe.
- User Friendly
Bluehost is not only for advanced users, but also friendly with users who are new to website creation.
According to WordPress recommendations, with the WordPress integration feature and the Drag and Drop function, the process of creating a website becomes easy.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
The price is $2.95/month for a web hosting plan subscription, but BlueHost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you can try Bluehost’s service and if you are not satisfied, you can request a refund within 30 days.
It should be noted that the official BlueHost provision is that you can only get a refund for the web hosting fee, not including other features such as domains and additional features. A $15.99 fee will apply if you get a free domain from the plan.
Things to consider when choosing Bluehost:
- Expensive Fee for Package Renewal
Plan renewal costs are expensive at BlueHost ($7.99-$8.99/month). To reduce the fee plan, you are required to choose a plan with a subscription period of one, two, or even three years from now.
Your main goal is to keep Website hosting costs low ($2.95) by taking a 3-year subscription plan. Like most other web hosting plans, you will be given a low plan price upfront but a high plan renewal fee afterwards.
- Website Migration is Not Free
Most web hosting services provide free website migration as an additional service to help consumers create their own websites.
Unfortunately, BlueHost does not provide a free migration service and there is a one-time fee of $149 for 5 websites, 20 email accounts, and other database files for website migration. BlueHost will do it quickly and precisely so there is no delay or downtime.
- Cloudways – A Platform Provider to Manage Cloud Hosting
- Five Choices of Cloud Hosting Providers
You can choose from:
- Digital Ocean: One of the pioneers in cloud hosting technology and is the most popular and cheapest option starting at $10/month.
- Vultr: The provider with the best performance test results. The fees start at $11/month.
- Linode: Another popular choice. Prices start at $12/month.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Who doesn’t know AWS? Their cloud infrastructure is very well managed, but in general, their costs are the most expensive. It starts at $36.51/month and the bandwidth (on the cheapest plan) is very limited (2GB) compared to the three providers above.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Claimed to be better than AWS at slightly less cost. It starts at $33.30/month and bandwidth (on the cheapest plan) is also very limited (2GB).
Cloudways not only works for WordPress websites, but you can also use it to host Magento, Drupal, Prestashop, Joomla, PHP (Laravel, Codeignitor, Slim, Moodle) websites, and others. This means that you can use Cloudways for all platforms and needs.
- Easy 1-Click CMS Installation
The advantage of using Cloudways is that it is 1-Click installation, so if you are going to install a WordPress CMS, just one click and your WordPress website can be used immediately.
You can also install many other WordPress websites on the same server because you have a dedicated IP which means that the IP and DNS server are used entirely for your own website.
Cloudways has features that can be done directly from the Cloudways control panel such as viewing detailed website access login information, FTP, MySQL, add on domains, adding new applications, website clones, backup and restore with just 1 click etc.
Cloudways also has an excellent feature in its platform, which is that you can recover either the server or the application that you have deleted. Cloudways will keep servers and apps that you have removed for 15 days.
This feature saves a lot of time, because you don’t need to ask the Cloudways support team for help which usually takes 8 to 24 hours.
- Can Add Members To The Team
If you work in a team, you will love this feature. Cloudways makes it easy for you to add members to your team. They can access your Cloudways account and you can grant access permissions for each member.
- Billing Access: Can only access functions related to billing
- Support Access: Will provide access where team members can create or manage support tickets
- Console Access: You can give full access to team members or give limited access to certain servers or applications only.
The good thing is, you can enjoy this feature regardless of the package you take. This feature is also a plus point, because many other hosting providers don’t have this feature or actually require you to take a more expensive package to get this team member feature.
- Free Migration
The process website migration can be done yourself in several easy steps with complete guides and videos. If you run into problems or really don’t want to take the risk, you can send a ticket for a free migration.
- Free 3 Days Trial Hosting
If you want to try Cloudways first, you can sign up without paying by using a 3 day trial. If you are satisfied, you can upgrade your account from trial to full afterwards.
Things to consider when choosing Cloudways:
- Hosting Prices Are Relatively More Expensive
The price is slightly more expensive compared to subscribing directly to the vendor. It’s natural because you also get various conveniences, speeds and others as management services.
- Cannot Switch Servers with Different Vendors
You cannot move from one server to another with a different vendor, or from one location to another. You cannot move from an Amazon vendor to Google Cloud or from a Singapore server to the USA. What can be done for now is Vertical Scaling.
is a web hosting provider that is a pioneer in the use of the cloud. Founded in 2011, based in Malta and is widely used by business websites that have high traffic.
Founded in 2002 and still part of the Endurance International Group, Hostgator has a track record of explosive growth and was among the 25 fastest growing companies in 2008.
Hatchling Web Hosting Plans:
- Price: $2.75/month
- Websites: Single – unlimited for $5.25/month
- Free 1 year domain registration
- One-click WordPress Installs
- Free HostGator Website Builder
- Free website & domain transfers
- Unmetered bandwidth & disk space
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free SSL certificate
- $150 Google Ads spend match credit
- $100 Microsoft Advertising credit
- Free e-mail
- Free MySQL transfer & script transfer
Founded in 1999, InterServer is a New Jersey-based hosting provider that has been growing for over 20 years. Known as a budget friendly hosting provider, InterServer specializes in various types of web hosting including shared hosting, VPS, dedicated servers and cloud hosting.
Standard Web Hosting Plans:
- Price: $2.50/month
- Unlimited Storage Space
- Unlimited Data Transfer
- Weekly Backups
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- Cloud Apps
- SSD Caching Servers
- Raid-10 Storage
- Speed Optimization
- Ultra Fast Web Server
- Cloud Linux OS
- 10GB Cisco Network
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- Free Migration
- 30 Day Guarantee
- Price Lock Guarantee
Founded in 2013, Kinsta offers managed WordPress hosting with the speed and scalability you expect from cloud-based hosting. It is one of the fastest growing WordPress hosting in Europe and America supported by the premium Google Cloud network.
Starting Web Hosting Plans:
- Price: $30/month
- 1 WordPress install
- 25,000 visits
- 10 GB disk space
- Free SSL, CDN and Staging
- Free Migrations
GoDaddy Inc. is a domain registration and web hosting provider founded in 1997 in Baltimore, Maryland. They use their own data center for web hosting with locations in Singapore, Amsterdam, Ashburn, Mesa and Los Angeles.
- Price: €2.99/month
- Term: 36 months
- 1 website – unlimited for €4.99
- 30GB storage – unlimited for €4.99
- 1 database
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free 1-click WordPress installation
Founded in 2000, Namecheap has grown to become a professional domain and web hosting provider that is trusted by website owners around the world.
Stellar Web Hosting Plans:
- Price: $1.44/month
- Term: 24 months
- Domain Name
- 3 Websites – unlimited for $2.44
- 20GB SSD – unlimited for $2.44
- Free CDN
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free website builder
- Domain name and privacy protection
- Free automatic SSL installation
- Free Supersonic CDN
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free in <24 hours website migration